You'll have two choices of paper (an important choice) of either textile or rigid super dry substrate paper. Textile paper is self-explanatory - you might be printing fabric or t shirts for example. Rigid or Super Dry paper is for hard objects that accept sublimation printing.
- All files to be sized correctly. Double-check, as we print what we are given and charge accordingly for reprints. jpgs, tiffs, only
- 100 dpi for anything over 1 yard. 100-200 dpi for all small prints.
- Duplicate prints need to be duplicate files (long-run duplicates by appointment). Create your file to have your layout planned within the canvas.
- Upload the image the way you want it to appear on the finished product. Transfer paper will be automatically mirrored for you to press. We automatically mirror - you do not need to do this. Finish your design as you want to see it printed.
- Ideal for fabrics that are 85% polyester and above
Transfer paper works best on white fabric, if you use an alternative fabric your colors will be impacted. The print will still transfer, however you will find that the colors are not a perfect reproduction. The white area on the transfer paper is plain, there is no ink or dye to transfer onto the material. This means that any area which you leave white on your design will appear the color of the material that you are using.
Use transfer paper between 355 - 400°F. Time may vary between 50-110 secs. Always experiment on a small piece to ensure the fabric or paper does not melt or scorch. Our transfer paper is designed for use in a heat press only, so if you choose to use it at home with an iron or an alternative press, we advise you to do so at your own risk. The conditions for perfect image transfer are delicate, and many factors need to be considered, such as fabric, temperature, pressure, and positioning etc. This means if you're using the papers at home, you are accepting the risks that accompany it.
Paper is 1.2 or 1.75 yards wide (A4 or A3 sheets will be roughly cut out. Most textiles are 1.6 yards wide.) No emailed files or instructions. All instructions to be in order please.